Total Pageviews

Monday, March 16, 2009

That Makes Scents

I am a big fan of scent. In the different areas of the house, on myself, out in nature; you name it, I love it. I have a scent for every mood. Such as right now I am wearing Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (I smell like a rather comforting dessert) because I was in need of comfort and that is one scent that seems to offer it. Another I just ran out of (Sobs sadly not knowing when I'll be able to get more) is Demeters Laundromat Scent. Weird name but it a subtle again very comforting smell... like clean clothes but NOT like those nasty linen scented room sprays.

I also can be brought to many different stages of my life by different scents.... the smell of Emeraude or Wind Song Perfume brings my mother to mind.... the smell of alcohol and cigarettes puts me with my father (it's not a bad smell...really...). The smell of Lilacs is Spring to me as well as anything that reminds me of the smell of a breeze or rain. The smell of Onions and Celery sauteeing puts me in mind of Thanksgiving (as they are used to make stuffing/dressing)

What scents have memories for you? Or have an effect on you in any way? Why? Do you wear or use in your home certain smells for certain times? What makes you smile when you smell it and what makes you grimace??

No comments:

Post a Comment